Thursday, February 22, 2007

....but I Can Carry Meat.

Lights fade low: Moonlit scene. Futon. Jesse Half Sleeping. fairly out of it. Phone Makes Holly Sound. Jesse Clicks Off Phone. Picks Bitch's Way Out. Figures Holly Out Drinking With Friends like On Chinese New Year. Chuck's Phone Rings. Jesse Checks Message on his Phone.

Holly: NOW NOW NOW WAKE UP NOW NOW

Jesse: Well, this must be important. Hey, what's happening?

Holly: GO TO INTERNET NOW

Jesse: Did Chuck answer his phone?

Holly: Not happily.


So, long and short, y'all remember the Sestina from earlier. I'd meta-link it from here, but Joan, well, last week, on Facebook:

Joan: I think I'm emotionally ready now to try the LOTR sestina, and wait with bated breath for you to e-mail me my six key words.

Jesse (drunk):

rivendell
elves
toss
meat
pint
power

And then Joan pulled off this master-stroke.

Between Holly's recent verse discovery, and mine and Joan's resurrection of a defunct poetic standby for the purposes of the geek-rehash, I'm thinking we might be on to something....

COMING SOON: IMDB Cut and Paste.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I have a sound? Does your phone coo?

0.775volts said...

Ok, give me some words, I wanna do one for Code Hunter