Saturday, January 20, 2007

el Renacimiento

Finally saw Children of Men.

I'm in my Very Happy Place right now.


I haven't had that kind of experience in a theater in quite awhile. This is a stand-alone movie, like Brazil, or 2001.
It harkens back to the days when directors had mad visions on a huge scale and all stops were pulled. Ignore everything you've heard. Just go, ye with a pulse. You owe yourself a real experience.

Takin'the Good With The Evil: The Kingdom: Series 1

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot: The White Album

If You Didn't Care What Happened to Me: Children of Men

Addendum:

6 comments:

0.775volts said...

It's official, there's a second definition for "the Mesoamerican Triad"

Plaid Avenger said...

so....does that make Del Toro squash or beans?

0.775volts said...

Beans, they have more eye protein.

Lilyiris said...

Takin'the Good With The Evil: The Kingdom: Series 1

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot: The White Album

If You Didn't Care What Happened to Me: Children of Men


I have done all of these things and it sounds like a good mix. It's funny you mention Talk to Her. Casey and I were just talking about how funny it was that we talked about the movies by the titles the were promoted with... byt his i mean we don't say Habla Con Ella we say Talk to Her and we say Y Tu Mama Tambien and not And Your Mother, too. I don't know why that is interesting but, I am telling you anyway

rae said...

I just watched a free sneak of a movie starring Kevin smith with original music by BT.

you havent mentioned this once... whats your deal??

Plaid Avenger said...

because, BT has never done a score for a movie I really wanted to see, so I probably didn't know about it in the first place.