Friday, January 08, 2010

9/11™ Happened

While you were mayor.

WHILE BUSH WAS PRESIDENT



I will repeat, even if I am the only one reading this, ad infinitum, every time I hear this shit:

GEORGE W. BUSH, (R) TEXAS, WAS PRESIDENT WHEN WE WERE HIT.

Christ.

I'm not interested, really, in assessing total blame. I also don't believe Bush/Cheney orchestrated it to take advantage of the opportunity for war. I'm not a conspiracy nut. They were just incompetent. They were warned. They, and the system failed us. Under a REPUBLICAN REGIME.

GET SERIOUS, PEOPLE. GODDAMN.

And we were lucky this time, but unless Barack Obama personally received a warning entitled "Abdulmutallab determined to attack within the U.S.", as Bush did re: Bin Laden, y'all got no high ground on which to stand.

It's a moot point really. Can we all calm down a little? You can't be 100% safe, nor should you be. We can do better than this, but come on. Your chances of dying in a car-crash are still much higher. Get on with your lives.

No comments: